”Invest for Excel has taken away a huge problem. It used to be a headache! Now we have a standardized process to do the impairment testing of more than 8,000 stores. It’s a no brainer! Now the solution couldn’t be simpler and more responsive. It’s not overwhelming, I just love it, and it is Excel –based. I understand what is happening when it is used, and it is very comfortable to use. We have to test the value of the assets (stores) every quarter. We had a custom built spreadsheet. Nobody knew the rules in the spreadsheet and we had no idea how to maintain the spreadsheet. The implementation of Invest for Excel took one week. The time spent on pro-forma valuation came down from 20 hours to 2 hours and now we can guarantee compliance. Invest for Excel has worked perfectly for us for the last 7 years. I would highly recommend Invest for Excel to others for the same or similar use."
AEW Energie is a Swiss energy company that produces electricity and heating and offers telecommunication services. Here is what their Chief Accountant is saying about Invest for Excel ®:
They had no special tool or software for capital budgeting. They did all calculations in standard Excel spreadsheets which was not very convenient: imagine entering formulas and building the layout for an investment project with 30 – 40 years lifespan.
• Invest for Excel® Software is broadly used by energy companies in Scandinavian countries a perfect match and perfect timing for AEW Energie.
• AEW and Datapartner had one intensive training, where we went through all important functions and program features. It was enough to start using it, besides, it was easy to ask for support when something was not clear.
• The biggest advantage that this program gives is security.
• Now, investment planning process is standardized and systemized. In AEW Energie, all investment calculations are done in Invest for Excel.
• The calculations have a certain structure and a unified format: you can easily see all basic data, such as nominal value of investments, discount rate or rate of return etc. At the same time, you can see how profitable an investment project is: how much is IRR, NPV and other ratios.
• It is easy to compare up to 6 different calculations and make the decision based on the comparison.
Thomas Freymond, Chief Accountant is the main user of Invest for Excel®.
Thomas has been working as a Chief Accountant in AEW Energie AG for the past 9 years.
Mr. Freymond’s department consists of seven persons, who are responsible for accounting, bookkeeping and asset management.
Currently, there are four people in his department that use Invest for Excel® for investment analyses.